Durham Friends Meeting, Durham, North Carolina, USA.
Welcome to the Durham Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends ("Quakers").
The “Community Center”, our original meeting house, appears above. A building completed in July 2004 and located behind this view now houses our meeting room, library and fellowship room. A third building provides classroom space on weekdays for the Durham Early School of Carolina Friends School.
Events are in the worship room of the meeting house unless otherwise stated.
16 (Sun) 8:30 - 9:30 am Care & Support Committee meeting. Meetinghouse, ground floor, north room.
16 (Sun) 9:15 - 9:45 am Singing Before Meeting. Historic meetinghouse, entire building.
16 (Sat) 11:45 am - 1;00 pm Communications Committee meeting. Meetinghouse worship room.
16 (Sun) 4:00 - 5:00 pm DFM/ Hillsborough Area Worship Group. At the home of Paul Klever and Sally Freeman.
20 (Thu) 6:30 - 8:30 pm Space Use Committee meeting. Historic meetinghouse, south room.
23 (Sun) 9:15 - 9:45 am Singing Before Meeting. Historic meetinghouse, entire building.
23 (Sun) 6:00pm Deadline for turning in articles for July newsletter to Scott Holmes & calendar entries to Gail Austin Curry.
23 (Sun) 11:45 am - 1:00 pm Adult Education forum: subject to be announced. Meetinghouse worship room.
30 (Sun) 9:15 - 9:45 am Singing Before Meeting. Historic meetinghouse, entire building.
30 (Sun) 5:30 - 9:00 pm Pot luck supper with presentation by John & Joyce Cassell about their 3-month stay in Palestine. Followed by a showing of the award-winning film, "Five Broken Cameras". Friends as well as the wider community are invited.
7 (Sun) 8:00 - 10:00 am Ministry & Counsel Committee Meeting. Meetinghouse, ground floor, north room.
7 (Sun) 11:20 - 11:40 am Introduction to Durham Friends Meeting: Questions & Answers. Meetinghouse worship room.
We are located at 404 Alexander Avenue, Durham, NC 27705
We welcome comments, suggestions and inquiries about Durham Meeting or this website.
Weekly recurring events (all welcome):
· Sunday, 8:30-9:30am: Early Meeting for Worship.
· 10:00-11:00am: Meeting for Worship.
· 10:15-11:00am: First Day Programs for Children.
· 11:00-11:45am: Welcome, announcements, fellowship & refreshments.
· 11:45am: Forum or other event if scheduled (see panel to right). Forum is sometimes followed by a potluck meal.
· Mid-week Meeting for Worship & Discussion, Library. Meets every Tuesday (except the first Tuesday) of the month. Worship 7:30-8:00 pm; discussion 8:00-9:00 pm.
· First Tuesday, 7:30-9:30 pm: Adult Education committee, in the historic meetinghouse, South room.
· First Sunday, 11:45am-2pm: Ministry & Counsel committee, in the historic meetinghouse, entire building.
· First Thursday, 7:30-9:00pm: Care & Support committee, in the historic meetinghouse, South room.
· First Wednesday, 6-8pm: Peace & Social Concerns committee, in the historic meetinghouse, South room.
· Second Sunday, 11:45am: Meeting for worship with attention to business.
Four bi-weekly “Quakerism-101” classes are held once a year. Follow this link to read the class materials and a fuller description of the course last presented during March and April of 2013.